Saturday, November 16, 2013

Inspiration.

This is the start of the time in the building process I've not been looking forward to...the part where time seems to drag and nothing seems to change at the house.  It's not the reality of it, as the electrician was pulling and terminating wires almost all week and outside decking was completed.  It's going to be harder to wait the closer we get, I think.

It did snow this week and the property was so gorgeous...I put in a shot of the trees outside the kitchen windows.  I took snow photos of all areas of the property, but resisted posting them all!  Instead, I've decided to post some inspiration pictures I found for some of the rooms.  It's been fun to use them for the vision of what the house will look like when it's finished.

This is the shortened back deck that we changed last-minute.  I love it!  It seems to fit just perfectly with the screened porch and at the back of the house, without looking out of place or too large.








Snow view from the southern kitchen windows.


OK, now we come to the inspiration photos...these were the wraparound windows that caught my eye.  At one point in time, we had a dutch door in the corner, which I was so taken with.  It didn't end up working out in the space, so we opted for the windows.  Love!



Here's what I think the kids' room will look like.  I did get the white bunks and Ava chose the bedding, which is colorful and similar to what's shown. 


This was what the fireplace wall was patterned after; we didn't have enough space for the double doors, so we opted for single windows with transoms. 


And, last but not least, the pantry!  My pantry is the result of a little redesign once we got our feet in the space.  If it turns out anything like this, it will be true love!


No comments:

Post a Comment