Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Lorax.






Clearing started today!  It's so exciting to actually have something to see (other than applications, deeds, permits, etc., etc.)!!  The first picture is this morning when the guys were just starting and the 2nd and 3rd are this afternoon and evening.  It's reported by their Mama that my babies were playing The Lorax and The Onceler - I love that!  Although it's somewhat sad to lose a few trees, we're going to be able to save alot...and I really love that the kids are finding enjoyment in the property already. 

I was wondering what the light would be like, sitting in the middle of the woods - but there's alot!  Yay!  And it smells so amazing with the fresh-cut wood...I'm super excited we've started!

Oh, and one more thing: I've been keeping one of my dear friends at arm's length and not allowing her to come to the property because she is hyper-sensitive to poison ivy and it was covering the place.  So we thought.  Turns out it was wild raspberries!

No comments:

Post a Comment