Friday, August 2, 2013

Week One.

Oh my gosh - what a difference a week makes!  So grateful for the guys who worked so diligently through the rain this week.  What you're looking at is the space completely cleared and flat and staked with the house dimensions.  Can't see the string so well, but the back windows (living room, kitchen, master) will face the view you see here.  It won't stay heavy woods, but there are some gorgeous trees that I've already picked out to stay.  We had such fun drawing lines in the dirt where the rooms will be!




Black gold!  This soil is so different than what I'm used to...already looks like topsoil has been brought in.




King of the mountain...


Next week, the septic and drive inspectors will come and issue their permits, which will allow the overall building permit to be issued, which will allow....the hole to be dug! 

8 comments:

  1. I am so enjoying your journey! It always amazes me to see blue prints come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying your excitement with you, my sista'! Imagining having a cuppa and a sweet while looking out at your beautiful nature:.

    Deana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Your grandkids are going to have rich experiences in those woods. Funny about the poison ivy! should have asked me for an identification :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sis! We def should have consulted you ;)

      Delete
  4. Pam, I am excited as well to follow along on your journey of building a brand new house! I'm sure there are ups and downs but you will certainly enjoy your new space once it is completed. (I gave this link to my grand niece who is in her final year an Architectural student at U-TN as I thought she might be interested in this. Maybe she can use it in one of her reports or something.) Just fun to follow along. Joyce Kuz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joyce! Glad you're enjoying following along...

      Delete