Monday, August 19, 2013

A Great Day for Digging.

It's here - digging day!  Such excitement in our land!!  The progression of photos below were texted to me during the day by Mark & Angi.  So wished I could have been there, but the photos are the next best thing.  The bottom photos are the finished BIG hole that I saw after work.

9:30 a.m.


11:00 a.m.  Evidence of past visitors!  (Note to self: gardens must be fenced in)


I was wishing every little boy I know could have been there today to see this beauty at work.







Great progress for just a half day's work!


WOW!  I don't think these photos show how huge this hole really is, but here goes...it's not as deep as you would expect, because we have to build the house up a bit higher so the water flows away from it instead of toward it (good plan).  It's also wider than the house will be, so the guys have room to work on the foundation.

Speaking of foundation...forms for footings come next, which I think will be this week as well.  Once footings are poured, then come foundation walls.  I love this part of the process, cause so much progress gets made so fast!









1 comment: