Friday, October 11, 2013

Truss Setting.

I got back into town about midnight on Wednesday night and was so tempted to drive out to the house and shine my headlights to see the progress with my own eyes.  I resisted but couldn't wait to go over on Thursday.  Even though Angi had sent me pictures of truss setting day, I was so surprised at how great everything looked and how far the guys had gotten while I was away!

I've put lots of snaps down below of the progress throughout the week.  Over the past week, Angi and I have been working to figure out plumbing and lighting fixtures.  I think we're just about there on plumbing fixtures (plumbing to start soon and the shower fixtures had to be decided because a part of them are used with the rough-in) and lighting is coming a little more slowly.  I actually bought the kitchen island pendants and am getting a feel for the rest of the house as we go.

Speaking of getting a feel for what this house wants to be...we've had some surprises along the way.  I've always thought the exterior would be somewhat craftsman-y with some edge stone and shingles, carriage garage doors, etc.  It was so perfect in my head.  Now, I don't think that's going to be the thing at all!  This house has a giant front porch, which you can see below...so, now, I think it's going to be somewhat plantation-y.  Also, it was always going to be charcoal fiber cement siding with white trim.  Now, a red house is in the running - what!?  So much to think about!!  I've added photos of the light fixtures and of a red house Angi and Mark built a few years back, which I LOVE!  So, even I don't know the end of this story, but I'm having a grand time figuring it all out.



The kids popped right in the window wells and called them their 'escape pods'.








This is my favorite picutre - this is the front porch...love it!








No comments:

Post a Comment