Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Shooting The Lid.

As expected, the drywallers started last week.  First thing they do is to put the ceiling up, so the insulation can be blown above it and the heat can be turned on.  Drywalling the ceiling is called 'putting the lid on' and blowing the insulation above the ceiling is called 'shooting the lid.'  I can't tell you how many times I've said that this past week just because it was fun to say.

After shooting the lid, the rest of the drywall was hung and this week, they're mudding.  I guess there are many layers of mud, then lots of messy sanding.  I've added lots of drywall photos below.

The other good news is that the siding is in - so exciting!!  I think we'll see some trim get started this week or early next.  And last but not least, it's now nice and toasty inside since we've been able to turn on the heat-I keep threatening to bring my sleeping bag and just camp out, that's how anxious I am to be in this space!

 










No comments:

Post a Comment