Sunday, January 5, 2014

Interior Trim.

Beginning of 2014!  After a lovely Christmas and some time off, the house is now fully drywalled, taped, mudded and sanded.  And, it is gorgeous!  Angi and I went on a Saturday in late December to finalize paint colors and the drywallers were in the process of sanding the upper level.  What a mess and something I give these guys alot of credit for doing day in and day out.  And, they do a fabulous job!

This week, Mark started the interior trim, which the photos show below.  Now that the really beautiful things are starting, the excitement level is at an all-time high!  This week, the painter will start priming and floor will be delivered.  It will get laid when Mark can get in the house.  Meantime, I think he's going to start on the siding...can't wait for that!

I've also pulled the trigger on all the lighting fixture decisions and everything is ordered or purchased - a big relief!  I finally found the perfect kitchen sink as well (harder than you might think) and that is also on the way.  Hard to believe we're within 8 weeks of completion - cannot wait!!






A new learning for me...this is called a plinth.  And, it's my absolute favorite piece of trim so far.  So great!







OK, so this isn't trim - I couldn't resist a beautiful snow picture!






Another new word: mull strips.  That's the strip of trim you see below that goes between the windows.  I can hardly wait to see the trim painted...these windows are going to be so gorgeous!



No comments:

Post a Comment