Monday, January 27, 2014

Wood Finished, Tile Started!

We had a a busy week and exciting weekend planning & throwing Sara's baby shower, which was so much fun!  However, that meant there wasn't much house-visiting in my schedule.  When we went for a little tour late on Saturday, I found that the wood floor is completed, as well as the stairwell.  They are both so gorgeous and much more beautiful than I could even imagine.  Today, the tile floors started and I already am in love with them as well!  All tiled floors will be the same. 

Angi and I spent part of the day on Monday going around sourcing tile.  I think all decisions are finally made - fireplace sample below.  I think it's going to be perfect with the paint colors.

From garage entry looking through mudroom into kitchen...floor done!


Looking at the mudroom from the other direction.


Here's fireplace tile


Against the paint...


What the hearth will look like.


Some in-process snaps, courtesy of Ang:




Spindles will be white; rail will be stained to match the wood floor.








  

Boots off now ;)


And finally - tile!  Simple, but fresh and lovely...yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment